Monday, September 14, 2009

Unmet goals

Well, I ended up walking (actually I ran a bit, too, which felt great!) only on Saturday morning. I find it difficult to sleep well when I'm not home, and ended up waking up too late Sunday to get it done on time. The Saturday walk/run was great, though – a beautiful park, lots of deer and wild turkeys and hawks and even though I'm sure I looked like I was having a heart attack, I didn't.

An interesting thing happened to me there, beginning Friday evening and lasting through Saturday evening. I've never considered myself a binge eater. I don't stock up on packages of food and eat them all at one sitting. But starting with Friday's dinner and ending sometime around halftime of the USC-OSU game, I was eating something almost all the time. I didn't eat while I was walking, of course, and I took a break Saturday afternoon. For most of the weekend I felt stuffed, overfull, uncomfortable and fat.

I wasn't at all interested in food yesterday. I guess it all evens out.

It's good to be home, but I have much to do today and there's something on the schedule every day this week. I told someone at the retreat I really am a homebody, but you'd never know it if you looked at my calendar this week.

1 comment:

denise said...

I recognize that "overstuffed" feeling you describe - exactly how I feel after spending a week at home with my family. The "detox" afterwards can be amazingly easy - I actually find that I don't want a lot of sugar and such after gorging on it for a week or so.

Glad you're back to your walking routine. It's bound to be good for you even if you don't see the results you want at the scale. (and that was said as much for my benefit as yours...)

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...