Tuesday, September 15, 2009

What happened to manners?

And respect? And dignity?

I am, of course, referring to the trifecta of bad taste exhibited by Joe Wilson, Serena Williams and Kanye West this past week, topped off by the extremely bitter, angry, hate-filled [and white] crowds demonstrating in Washington Saturday.

I didn't watch much news over the weekend, so I'm just now catching up on all the gory details.

I know I sound like a broken record (what's the 21st-century equivalent of a broken record, by the way?), since I just wrote about bad manners on Friday, but seriously – what the HELL has happened to our sense of decorum?

I have no answers, only outrage. But I should probably keep it to myself.

No comments:

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...