Friday, December 4, 2009

Friday Quote Day

'Tis the first Friday of Christmas month, and you get a present! Save the image at left (I think all you have to do is click on it and it will open by itself in a new window), print it on cardstock, laminate it, punch a hole where the black circle is and tie some leftover yarn through the hole. Every time you use your new bookmark you'll think of me!

Actually, I hope you think of being ready – or getting ready – to change, not of me.

If willpower worked, we'd all be thin and sober, no one would smoke and everyone would finish what they started, be it a marathon or a home remodeling project or a boring, endless baby blanket.

(You can tell what's on my list of Things That Need To Be Finished, can't you?)

I'm sober and I no longer smoke. And it didn't take an ounce of willpower to accomplish either. I simply wanted to not drink or smoke more than I wanted to. I was ready to be a non-smoker and a recovering alcoholic.

Am I ready to be thin again? Are you?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know if I'm ready to be thin. That's actually kind of scary. But I'm definitely ready to be healthier and thinNER. It's why I was able to let go of the Diet Coke, of much of the junky nibbles that I adored. I was just ready not to eat them. It's definitely not willpower as much as the readiness to change.

Thanks for the reminder - and the bookmark :)

Cindy said...

THanks for the bookmark, and yes, I am ready. I also just took up knitting!!! I gave up drinking 20 years ago because I'd had enough and was ready to change my life. Food has been tricker but I became willing to change that in 2006, but I have hit a slump of sorts. Going to read your blog now. Thanks!

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...