Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Surprise! Wednesday Quote Day!

Continuous effort – not strength or intelligence – 
is the key to unlocking our potential.
~ Winston Churchill

If Winston lived in the 21st century, he could have said it in four words: Keep on keepin' on!

I'm too tired to write anything more today, and too busy as well. I need to find our largest duffel bags and begin packing for our trip. I don't think I've ever wanted to see palm trees and green grass and sand and the ocean more than I do this winter. I'm so tired of snow! Our yard looks like the endless sea of snow in Dr. Zhivago, and I've had enough, enough, enough.

Hope your next few days is as good to you as mine will be to me. I just know this will be a great trip.

2 comments:

Marla said...

Have a good time, chickie. Don't even think about us back here suffering in the cold!

Anonymous said...

Oops! I didn't check in fast enough to say goodbye before you head south. You definitely deserve a break from winter's cold and snow with all the boots, hats, scarves, gloves and layers of clothes that go with it.

Have a blast and come back relaxed and rested.

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...