Wednesday, February 24, 2010

A tiny sign of spring


Is that so cute? I'm trying to follow the suggestions on the West Virginia Extension Agency calendar, which told me to plant cabbage seed indoors last week. And here they are! Already! Even my curmudgeonly husband broke out in a smile when I showed him our little baby brassicas.

The snow is melting more quickly than the Wicked Witch of the West did, and although more is predicted for the next few days I have high hopes that it will remain in the "flurry" state, rather than coming down hard and fast and piling up again. Hope springs eternal, doncha know. Our rivers don't need more snow to melt; we've had quite enough for one winter!

Anne asked yesterday if the ab work in Jillian's DVD was done on the floor. It is, and there also are two strength moves – push-ups and a dumbbell fly – done on the floor. If you have trouble getting up and down, this might not be the workout for you.

Today I'm going to try to make tortillas using cornmeal instead of masa harina, since I have lots o' cornmeal and zilch masa harina. I'll let you know how it goes. Have a good Wednesday!

1 comment:

JourneyBeyondSurvival said...

Oh! thanks for posting your little seedlings! This year, I haven't been able too, and I just ache each time I walk by the aisles dedicated to sprouting.

I wish our snow would melt.

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...