Tuesday, March 23, 2010

I'm back

Not sure who took over the blog yesterday, she sure was on a tear, wasn't she? Doesn't she realize this blog is about knitting and running and fitness and (more recently) locavoring? Heh.

So, back to the usual subjects.

Knitting
Finished the back and started the front of the cotton top I pointed to a while back. Still. Don't. Like. Knitting. With. Cotton. I have enough of this yarn to knit a dress (I bought it with the intention of knitting a dress), and at this point I can't imagine knitting that much fabric with this fiber.)

Running
Well, walking, anyway. I had to get my car serviced yesterday morning so I took the Garmin with me and walked while it was in the shop. 4.42 miles in 1:15:30 ... not bad for unfamiliar terrain and more traffic than I'm accustomed to here in the Middle of Nowhere.

Fitness
Have completely ignored Jillian and the 30-Day Shred lately. I predicted this would happen and it has! It's the old self-fulfilling prophecy. If I'm outside walking and then I'm outside doing other stuff that needs to be done, I'm not inside shredding.

Food/Garden
Today's the day (according to the Extension Service calendar) to seed turnips. I might or might not do that. They did pretty well with direct-seeding last year (until I accidentally dug them up prematurely, which is why this year's garden will have a map and row markers. And you thought row markers were knitting tools, heh.).

So there you have it. The weather has once again turned frightful. I made it from the house to the garage (where our home office is) in a mix of rain/sleet, with a snowflake or two added in just for good measure. The nice thing about snow in March is it doesn't last.

At least it never has before!

No comments:

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...