Monday, March 8, 2010

They're here!

I heard them before I saw them. A new gracenote had been added to the
morning birdsong. I looked carefully at the maple in the front yard
and sure enough, there it was ... a robin!

Spring has sprung, people, the grass is riz! If I'd had more energy
last fall, I'd be seeing daffodils straining up through the snow-
covered mud.

And speaking of snow, it's beating a fast retreat. It is both
evaporating and melting, and I'm just thankful I don't live in a
floodplain. I have friends whose business is right next to the river,
though, and if we get any kind of rain later this week … oh, I don't
want to think about it.

Daily weigh-ins make me crazy. And depressed. And did I mention crazy?
Journaling hasn't been that big a deal and since my journaling program
also encourages exercise, I've been very good about getting the 30-Day
Shred done. The weather turned from winter to spring literally
overnight on Friday, and I got a couple nice long walks in over the
weekend (and another one today). Weighing daily, though, that's a big
deal. I guess I'm more of an instant-gratification kinda gal than I'd
like to think I am. Patience, grasshopper, patience. One pound gone so
far. BFD, but hey … a pound lost is better than a pound gained! Ask me
how I know! <smirk>

I loved the Oscars, and my husband even said the show was
"entertaining." We watched until the very end, which is remarkable for
someone (me) who usually is lights out at 9:30 p.m.!

Having trouble with Blogger today, so I'll cut this short. Manana!

1 comment:

denise said...

I'm interested that you found the Oscard "entertaining." I actually found it more...awkward. I watched the whole thing, so it wasn't like it was BAD...it just felt a smidge off somehow all the way through - at least to me.

Spring is really in the air here also - you could literally just "feel" it in the air this weekend - and I too have started hearing more bird songs.

According to our long-range forecast, I shouldn't get TOO attached to our 60+ degree weather, as it's taking a dive again this weekend - along with all the rain that's expected. But still, it's a vast improvement over a few weeks ago.

And, next week we get more daylight after our "spring ahead" on Sunday...love it when I get to see some light at the end of the day!

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...