Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Duh.

The Washington Post reported yesterday that:

A new Gallup poll shows that people living in the 10 U.S. metropolitan areas with the highest obesity rates tend not to eat as healthfully or exercise as much as those in the least-obese communitites.


That's news? Who thinks this stuff up? (Note that the WP also misspelled "communities" – I copy/pasted the blurb directly from an e-mail. I coulda been a proofreader!)


I'm continuing to eat healthfully and exercise, thankyouverymuch, and anyway, my city wasn't on the list. Probably because it isn't a "metropolitan" area. And until the Middle of Nowhere can be considered metropolitan, I'm never going to be on that list!


Now that spring has sprung, my husband and I are able to walk outside together. I really slowed us down yesterday after I dropped the piano bench on my left foot. OUCH! I was vacuuming and had the bench tilted at just the right angle for X-treme slippage. My foot is quite swollen, but there's no bruise and I'm sure I'll live.


I'm also continuing to journal calories in/calories out. According to CalorieKing, if I continue to eat and exercise as I've been doing, I should be able to lose 11.3 pounds this month.


HAH! Like that's gonna happen. I'd be happy – no, thrilled!!! – with four. Seriously. A four-pound loss sounds like the impossible dream to me. (And if you're of a certain age, you can thank me for planting that earworm. Heh.)

1 comment:

denise said...

To dream....the impossible dream...yup I'm of a certain age for sure - double nickels on Saturday!

Sounds like you're moving forward at the right pace! Good luck.

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...