Monday, April 5, 2010

No chocolate for you!

Well, for me, anyway.

There were no chocolate bunnies here in the Middle of Nowhere for Easter. We had a nice dinner – roasted pork tenderloin, fresh asparagus, boiled potatoes, sourdough bread and a yummy salad with spinach, strawberries, red onions, walnuts and goat cheese.

But no chocolate.

As I get older, I find chocolate has lost its charm, and I'm more interested in satisfying my sweet tooth with something citrus-y. I had a sliver of lemon meringue pie for dessert, which was delicious and enough.

Figuring out what 'enough' is seems to be the hard part of losing weight. What's enough exercise? How much is enough food? What happens when 'enough' turns into too much?

With too much exercise, you usually get hurt.

Hmmm. Same thing happens with too much food. Heh.

1 comment:

gingersnapper said...

That salad sounds wonderful. I'm drooling.

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...