Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Not enough hours

Since the weather has been so nice we've been spending all our time outside. In addition to working in the garden, my husband and I decided yesterday to clean out the larger of our two sheds.

This shed is where the lawnmower lives and it also had been a catch-all storage area when my husband's parents lived here. We found old patio umbrellas, sleds, lumber and other assorted (and useless) items stuffed above the rafters. We also found some good lumber for yet another project-to-come.

I also mowed our lawn and our neighbor's, who has pneumonia. He has been so helpful to us as a dog-sitter that I'd do just about anything to help him out; mowing the lawn was no big deal.

But it took time.

The time we're spending working outdoors is taking time away from, oh, laundry and dusting and cleaning floors. Time is limited today, as I have two meetings, one for lunch and one in the evening.

You know what, though? I wouldn't trade this time outdoors for any amount of tidying up the house. These beautiful days are few and far between here in the Middle of Nowhere. We tend to go from winter to summer with only a couple of springlike days in between. This spring has been amazing.

I think I will do some laundry, though. Dusting and mopping and even outdoor chores will be there when I get to them. Clean clothes require some effort!

No comments:

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...