Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Brrr. And grrr.

Damn, it's cold! 17 degrees right now, with a wind chill of 3. The wind is gusting up to 45 miles per hour, or at least that's what the most current Winter Storm Warning says:

* WINDS...NORTHWEST WINDS AT 15 TO 30 MPH WITH OCCASIONAL GUSTS TO 45 MPH WILL OCCUR INTO THURSDAY MORNING ...CREATING BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW.

I woke up at 3 a.m., which isn't as bad as it sounds, since I went to bed last night around 8:30. That's plenty of sleep. But I'll have to take a nap today to get through tomorrow.

I'm heading out to visit my daughter and her family in Tennessee, which is about a 7-hour drive. To get ready, I need to do some laundry. My laundry room is in my garage. My DETACHED garage. Meaning I will have to brave the wind and snow and cold in order to have clean clothes for my trip. Oh, and the luggage is out there, too.

I'm sure Elora <http://justofftheonelaneroad.blogspot.com> doesn't feel a bit sorry for me - she has to brave the weather to milk the cow and feed all the animals. That's more important than clean laundry.

So I'll quit my bitchin'.

I have completed both of my planned strength-training workouts this week. (Thank you again to Gingersnapper <http://somegingersomesnap.blogspot.com/>, who sent me some DVDs!) Yeah, me! I also have managed at least 60 minutes of daily intentional activity so far. I hope to keep it up while I'm gone; it will depend entirely on the weather.

My mileage goal for January is toast. The elliptical measures distance, but not miles - it counts how many revolutions the flywheel turns. I'm not worried about missing the mileage goal, though; it was incidental to the primary ones of weight-training and an hour a day.

Anyway. Not sure how much blogging will get done while I'm gone. The BlackBerry makes it more likely, but I might take a little break anyway. May your weather be lovely all weekend. Mine, too!


Sent from my U.S. Cellular BlackBerry® smartphone

1 comment:

gingersnapper said...

If it was me, I would just go there in my dirty clothes.

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...