Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Let's call this a placeholder

Or maybe not. I mean, it will be a post, but it probably won't be very long.

My younger granddaughter summed it up nicely Monday morning as she and her parents were preparing to go back to their home from Tennessee. She said they were going to "drive, drive, drive, hotel, drive, drive, drive, North Carolina!" When we explained that there would be no hotel stop this time, she amended it to be "drive, drive, drive, lunch, drive, drive, drive, North Carolina!"

That's what it was for me yesterday.

The trip was wonderful, I really enjoy being with both my children and their spouses/children all at the same time. We gathered together for my older granddaughter's dance recital. There were 21 pieces and she was in nine of them, with two solo spots. She's very talented, and very down-to-earth.

And now it's home again, home again, jiggety jig. I was able to get at least 60 minutes of exercise in each day I was gone, thanks to the great walking trail that runs through their neighborhood. I missed yesterday, though, but one missed day won't derail my goals. Food was all over the map. We. Just. Won't. Go. There. Let's just say my daughter is a fabulous cook and loves to entertain.

So now I have to deal with laundry and mail and tidying up around here. And planning a party for my mother-in-law's 90th birthday. 'Cause I love to entertain, too!

I'll be updating Project 365 in a day or two. Didn't take all the pix with the Rebel, but I did take a picture every day. So far, so good!

No comments:

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...