Friday, March 11, 2011

Friday Quote Day

"Nothing in life is more remarkable than the unnecessary anxiety which we endure, and generally create ourselves."
- Benjamin Disraeli

Yeah, I'm a little anxious at this point.

The water has been non-functioning since Tuesday. As long as we still had electricity, I was dealing with the water problem pretty well.

The power went off sometime after midnight.

(Here's where I wish I could use italics, but there's no such option on the BlackBerry.)

OF COURSE IT DID!

My entire village is without power, more than 1000 customers. Grrr.

I'm anxious about the lack of exercise, for sure, but realistic enough to accept the situation and know that if I *could* shower, I *would* be sweating.

The eating is the harder thing to handle. I'm an emotional eater. I like to say I'm an occasional eater, I eat for any occasion. (That's how I used to drink, back in the day.) I want to eat crap - carby, sugary crap - on an occasion like this.

So far graham crackers have been the extent of the damage. But the day - nor the crisis - is not over yet.


Sent from my U.S. Cellular BlackBerry® smartphone

1 comment:

gingersnapper said...

For me, eating when bored is a big problem. And without electricity or water to amuse myself, I'd be pretty bored. It's time for you to check into a nice spa.

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...