Thursday, April 14, 2011

Matching opinions

The second opinion, by both the ENT at Wake-Forest and the pathologist who read the slides, agreed with those of the local doctors: my husband has a benign parotid tumor. It will be removed next month and we will have a great summer!

I was so tired, from the driving and from the tension (I guess), that I collapsed at 6 p.m. and didn't wake up until 5 this morning.

I see life slowly returning to normal, very soon. Normal with a side of gratitude, of course. We never want to lose sight of the preciousness of life and of our relationship with each other. That guy who wrote Don't Sweat the Small Stuff was really onto something. Heh.

Today promises to be lovely –70 degrees, sunny, a perfect spring day. I'll be working at the garden center this afternoon, and taking absolute delight in the view from my "office."

4 comments:

Catherine said...

Good news.
Enjoy your day.

Anonymous said...

What lovely news! And you will have a great summer! Enjoy!

Vickie said...

very glad for you

(is he still not smoking?)

Debbi said...

Thanks for asking about my husband's smoking, Vickie. He's still not smoking, it's been more than 3 weeks now. He has taken on a whole new attitude about a lot of things.

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...