Friday, May 20, 2011

Friday Quote Day

All endings are also beginnings.
We just don't know it at the time.
~ Mitch Albom

I thought this quote would be appropriate today, since tomorrow is Judgement Day. Not the end of the world – that will happen in October, according to the Judgement Day website. But if you're saved, according to some, you'll be taken up while the rest of us will live in chaos and disaster for the next five months. That period of time will be like enhanced interrogation, after which you will say anything (I believe! I believe!) in order to join the rest of the Raptured.

(I find it very amusing that one of the Judgement Day web ads offered me life insurance. In fact, I find that roll-on-the-floor laughable.)

I am a Christian, and I do believe. But I fully expect to be alive and well, feet firmly planted on the ground, come Sunday morning. I haven't paid much attention to this whole rapture thing (I've been watching the raptors, though!), but it's definitely trending on the internets and Facebook.

NPR published a piece asking for suggestions for end-of-the-world songs. Mine is Knockin' on Heaven's Door by Bob Dylan, and it's included in my own personal end-of-the-world playlist. (What? You haven't yet burned the mix CD you want your kids to play at your funeral?)

How about you? What do you think would be a meaningful exit tune? And if you're not planning to be taken up tomorrow, what will you be doing? We're having company, I expect we'll be enjoying a short nature hike and some good food. Not a bad way to go out, if that's the plan. Heh.

2 comments:

ws said...

undertow - genesis. but, I wonder, will the world end in the morning or in the evening. that might deeply impact my world.

Joan said...

"Always Look on the Bright Side of Life"-- Monty Python

I'm taking my cue from Curtis Mayfield though. I'm gonna "Keep on Keeping on"!

Hope you have a great weekend!

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...