Friday, August 5, 2011

Friday Quote Day


The bad news is time flies.
The good news is you're the pilot.
Michael Altshuler 

Five years ago this morning, I got married. Again. You can read all about it at my old blog, if you like. If you've been hanging out with me for the last five years (and some of you have! Thank you!), then you already know the story.

I came home from this week's little getaway (did you miss me?) to find a vase with five red roses in it, and a beautiful card, and I didn't give him anything. I feel like crap for not, but we usually don't, so I didn't think a thing about it while I was gone. He can be, um, trying, at times, but also can be very, very thoughtful.

Time flew this week, and while I had good intentions – I packed running gear for my little trip – it was just too, too hot to even think about sweating on purpose. All you had to do was walk outside – heck all, you had to do was look outside  –and you were dripping. How do you Tarheels stand it!?! (You know who you are.)

Food was out of my control, as well, but not too calorific: meatless lasagna one night, ground turkey tacos the next. I chose small servings and enjoyed every bite.

However, after two good days here at home, two days off target has me wishing for a Monday – and a do-over – again.

The good news is, there's another one coming up. Heh.

We're having guests for the weekend, I hope they like tomatoes. And rain. 'Cause we're going to have plenty of both. I hope your weekend is a good one!

Denise, I'm mailing your book today. I didn't have the opportunity to get to a post office the whole time I was gone. Thanks for being so understanding, and thanks, too, for playing. I always enjoy your comments.

3 comments:

gingersnapper said...

"He can be trying at times..." LOL! Obviously separated at birth from my husband.

And I am LOLing about the humidity, too. It is HORRIBLE, and has to be experienced to be believed. So when I write things like "it was too hot to work out," you know I'm not just being a baby :) The sweating! Ugh. I sweat INDOORS. I don't even try to wear makeup in the summer, because I will sweat it off my face while still in the bathroom, much less going outside.

Happy anniversary and congratulations! Five years is a Big One.

Shauna said...

Five yeaaaaaaaars! That went so fast :) Congratulations to you both!

denise said...

Thanks, Debbi, I'll be looking for the book next week.

Meanwhile, Happy (now belated) Anniversary. I remember when you got married - can't believe it's been five years already!

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...