Thursday, September 1, 2011

Oh, my aching _________

Fill in the blank.

I don't know which muscle group hurts the worst this morning. Shoulders? Back? And, frankly, back can be divided into upper and lower, even quadrants! Speaking of quadrants, the quadriceps are kind of ouchy, as well.

I'm too old to be slinging bricks.

And I was too busy yesterday to even think about how bad I hurt. I got a short (three miles) walk done mid-morning and was working on "stuff" the rest of the day.

Stuff included laundry, a couple graphic design projects, watering plants (oh, how we could use some rain; I was wrong about it earlier this week), making cottage cheese – nothing special or overwhelming, just a continuous flow of projects.

I like days like that. But I like days like today, too, when I can sleep in a little and all I have to do is go to a march and rally on Main Street in Beckley, WV.

I'm learning more and more about the NookColor, and honestly I would recommend it to anyone in the market for an ereader. The biggest difference between it and other tablet computers is it doesn't have a camera. I can check my e-mail and hop on the web. I can read books, magazines and .pdfs. I can play any number of games (maybe I'll finally hop on the sudoku bandwagon). With the right apps, I can create documents, although I find the touchscreen keyboard a bit tiresome, so I haven't acquired any kind of writing apps yet. I don't want to sound like an old fart, but I do like a real keyboard.

As I look around me right now, I'm typing on a MacBook Air while my BlackBerry buzzes on the tabletop and the Android-based Nook is charging nearby. It's not only electric … it's eclectic!

P.S. Just noticed this was my 700th post here at Knit. Run. Repeat. That's seven more than the total at The Shrinking Knitter. I guess this blogging thing has become a habit. Heh.

1 comment:

denise said...

Glad you're liking your Nook. What's your opinion of the Macbook Air? I'm about to invest in my first computer - I've only ever had the one issued to me at work. I'm puzzling between the Air and the Pro. Need to make a decision soon though.

And, for your aches and pains I highly recommend a soak in a hot tub with lots and lots of epsom salts! Really does help ease the soreness.

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...