Friday, October 28, 2011

The last stats, for now

I didn't make it onto the elliptical after all today. My heel is still quite tender, but after one day of rest there was such a marked improvement that I thought it best to take advantage of the upcoming travel weekend and just give it several consecutive days of rest. (My doctor husband agreed.) Instead of cardio, I did both an upper- and a lower-body strength-training session. Still no core work, though.

Kitten, your thoughts about nutrition are really making me think that the last two days of extremely reduced calories had a lot to do with my falling into bed at 8 o'clock last night. I ate much better today. Total calories were around 1500, lower than the Fat2Fit recommendation, but much higher than Wednesday (1063) and Thursday (1243). I got a lot done today and feel energized enough to watch Game 7 of the World Series.

I got all four 16-ounce cups of water in, and resisted snacking – including the homemade caramel corn I'm taking to my daughter-in-law and granddaughter tomorrow. (If you look at the recipe, you'll see it's for popcorn balls. I made one batch to send to the older grandchildren, but I think the little one will enjoy it more if it's in smaller pieces. I spread it out on waxed paper to cool and broke it up. It's just like Cracker Jacks!) I also journaled everything.

This is the last stat report. I promised I would do them for a month, but I hope we can all agree that enough is enough. I won't have time to post tomorrow and I don't want to feel like I "have" to later in the weekend when I'm having fun with the little princess bride.

Thanks again for your encouragement and comments. It's been very helpful to me to make myself accountable to you. I'd love to return the favor, should any of you decide to try something like this.

No comments:

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...