Wednesday, December 28, 2011

KNITTING!

Yes, some real knitting happened here yesterday, and more is lined up for today. And tomorrow. And the rest of the college football bowl season.

My son's wife loves, loves, loves the felted clogs (note: this is an updated version of the pattern) I've been making her since the original design was published way back in the 20th century. Her daughter wants a pair "just like Mommy's." I seriously thought she'd want pink ones with purple soles. Yes, she's four, how'd you guess. Heh. But shades of blue were what she requested. I cast on last night around 7 p.m. By 9 p.m. I'd finished the sole and upper portion of the first little clog.

I'm going to make her mother a new pair and am also going to make myself a new pair, after inspecting mine and finding a hole in the sole of one of them.

Back when I was cranking out clogs for everyone I knew, I could knit one adult pair in six hours. (The only reason I know that is I had to have some kind of lab test done at which I had to wait three hours between needle sticks and I finished one clog while I waited.) I'll be done in five games. Heh.

I've written here previously the suggestion that if you're not hungry enough to eat an apple (you – I'm lookin' at YOU – could insert any boring food of your choice), then you're not really hungry. When you want to eat for entertainment – the crunch of Cheez-its or the creaminess of ice cream, for instance – that's a craving, not hunger.

I was up later than usual last night and started feeling a little hungry about four hours after dinner. Normally I don't eat after dinner. I would have enjoyed a leftover Christmas cookie or a little plate of cheese and crackers, but instead I had an orange. And it hit the spot. Another theory proven to be true.

It comes down to mind over matter, right? It almost always does. Which is why my laptop wallpaper now looks like this:


I've snagged several other motivating images from the Fitness boards at Pinterest, and will be swapping them out when I get tired of the current one. Or when it stops working, whichever comes first.

As for activity, I've walked two miles every day beginning Christmas afternoon. (Two miles isn't much, but it's a beginning. Again.) It's going to be pretty cold today, so I'll either dress for sub-40 temps or hit the elliptical with an episode of Glee.

So nice to have options.

How are you handling the week between holidays? Is it still all-party, all-the-time? Do you make resolutions? If you're blogging about them, leave a link in the comments.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Felted clogs? They look zazzy!...like something someone in Whoville would call their daily uniform. So wonderful...glad you linked to the clogs! ~ Red Dirt Kelly

Angelia Sims said...

Awh, how cute! So glad the clogs were a hit. I did a run/walk after our Christmas dinner on Monday. It was a way to release the stress of the holidays. I am not super hard on myself this week, but I do plan on working out every day starting January (I'm starting over again too). :-)

denise said...

How am I doing? I'll have to let you know when I awake from my sugar coma! ;-)

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...