Friday, December 16, 2011

Making her list, checking it twice

Remember that to-do list I posted a couple days ago? Well, it's ta-done!

Didn't walk yesterday, darn it, but did take two-milers
Sunday and Wednesday and three-milers Monday and Tuesday.

I wish I could show you her sweet face, but that's not how I roll.
Each grandchild got a similar card but with his/her own little
refrigerator magnet. And some cashmoneybucks inside.
Oh, and handmade, color-coordinated envelopes. I'm so classy.

 
The ornament image is repeated inside (without the ho to the third)
along with our warm wishes for Christmas and always.
[Disclaimer: These cards are not my original ideas. I wish they were. Many thanks to the generous and talented card designers who freely share their inspiration all over the internets.]

Since I was already in card-producing mode, I agreed to help some friends with theirs yesterday, which is why the walk didn't happen. It's all good, though. I had a fine time, felt productive and useful and wasn't tempted to snack.

Which brings us back to the "eating" part of this blog. (The knitting part is happening this weekend. So nice to have all the hustle-bustle over with and have time to sit-and-knit for fun, without guilt.)

Y'all know how I love a breakfast of plain yogurt mixed with some kind of fruit preserve and topped with granola, right? Well, yesterday I opened the last jar of orange marmalade in the pantry, from way back in January. I've been putting off opening it, first because it's a tiny jar and second because it's the last and third because I have other jams and preserves in the pantry, so why waste the very last jar of marmalade. But I did open it. And even though it's on the thick side, it's delicious and sweet and yummy and did I say delicious? As I like to call it:

Sunshine in a Jar!

My philosophy about food has been evolving lately and my new mantra is this:
There will always be more. I can make more or I can buy more, but I don't have to eat it all now, because … there will always be more.
And as far as marmalade goes, today's the day for more! We bought 20 pounds of oranges to support the high-school band's fundraiser, and a friend is bringing mine to me today and we're making more, using the same recipe I used last year.

I promise not to let it cook so long this time. Orange marmalade is much better cold than nuked. Which is what I had to do to this batch to make it spreadable. And since I took all those pictures last year, I'm not going to embarrass myself by taking more today in front of someone else.

Wouldn't want to let my non-blogging friend know how crazy we bloggers are about decorating our blogs. Heh.

No comments:

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...