Thursday, December 8, 2011

My go-to Christmas Cookie, Part Two

Snickerdoodles recipes are all over the internet, so I'm going to leave it up to you to Google if you want to make one of the softest, creamiest, meltiest-in-your-mouth cookies for this holiday season.

Okay, okay, here's the one I used.

They're basically a ball of sugar cookie dough (with a shot of cream of tartar) rolled in a cinnamon/sugar mixture and then baked just long enough for them to flatten out.

Much easier than rolled-and-cut sugar cookies. Wonder why Mom didn't make these more often? Again, these were Christmas-only treats. Also? The house smells DELICIOUS! I wish computers had a scratch-and-sniff feature. Go grab your cinnamon jar and then look at the pictures.

Fresh from the oven. These make the whole house smell good.
I don't have enough cooling racks so I stack them as soon as they're cool.
All the cookies are packaged and in the guest room a holding area. My husband never goes in the guest room, so I think they're safe. Heh.

And if you think it's all cookies, all the time around here, you would be wrong. I had a delicious evening meal of steamed spaghetti squash topped with a creamy mushroom sauce to which I added a little goat cheese and some browned grass-fed beef. So tasty!

No comments:

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...