Friday, January 27, 2012

And we're off!

The last time my husband and I were in Asheville we met up at a huge rented house near the downtown area with my kids and their spouses/children. We were all coming from different directions and Asheville was the coolest destination that was equidistant for all of us.

That was seven years ago. The youngest member of the group, who was four at the time, put up with the shopping, the restaurants, the sightseeing very patiently, much more so than I would have when I was his age. But every once in a while, he would insist that we go back to our "bacation getaway."

So cute. I hope I never forget how he said it: wistfully, wishfully, and always willing to wait until we'd done one more thing.

I'm armed with multiple GPS navigation devices and looking forward to exploring the area again. We'll be hitting Earth Guild for sure, and Thomas Wolfe's restored home. Even though he can't go home again, we can. Heh.

Gotta pack ... hope y'all have a great weekend.

2 comments:

E. Jane said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! Safe travels.

Anne M. said...

Have a wonderful time - I've always wanted to go there. You'll have to give us a full report when you get home :)

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...