Thursday, January 5, 2012

Orange you glad we won?

We sure are! Let's goooooo, Mountaineeeeeers!

I completely forgot to talk about getting ready for last night's football game yesterday. Because I was so busy talking about kitchen scales, apparently.

Thanks for your great ideas for other gadgets. I've never used a microplane. I have a box grater which works well for grating most cheeses, and I have a hand-turned Zyliss cheese grater for hard cheeses. So I guess I've never thought I needed a microplane. But maybe I do? Heh.

I also love my slow cooker, which I try to use at least once a week. And my immersion blender will be put to good use making a green smoothie for breakfast in just a few minutes. Great suggestions!

West Virginia got to play Clemson in the Orange Bowl last night and it ended up being a record-breaking blowout, the first really lopsided game of the bowl season. My husband has been dealing with some real stressors concerning a couple family members lately, and it was sooooo fun to see him laughing and happy for a few hours.

As I've mentioned previously, I'm an early-to-bed, early-to-rise kinda gal, and one of the advantages of that is that I don't go to bed hungry. Usually dinner wasn't that long ago when I'm tucking myself in. But when I stay up to watch a game, as I did last night, I do start feeling the urge to eat – whether it's mental or physical hunger is up for debate – about 9:30.

Remembering the saying that 'if you're not hungry enough to eat an apple, you're not really hungry' and considering what we were watching, I peeled and sectioned AN ORANGE for my halftime snack! I'm so clever.

I'm sticking with most of my plan. One guess as to what I missed doing yesterday. And will miss again Friday. Because I'm not dragging my hand weights with me on a little trip I'm taking. Strength training and I just don't get along. Yet. I'm eternally optimistic that someday, somehow, something will click and we'll fall in love. It's not him, it's me.

I'm headed out to visit my daughter and her children, to celebrate one's birthday and watch the other one perform. I've committed to NaBloPoMo again for January, and hope I don't have any trouble keeping up with it while I'm gone.

There's always a little quiet time when you're an early-to-bed, early-to-rise kinda gal.

No comments:

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...