Saturday, March 31, 2012

Retail therapy

The family drama has continued here in the Middle of Nowhere. Nothing we can do about it except hope and pray for the best possible outcome, and none of the choices are particularly good.

In order to distract ourselves, my husband and I decided to go to the nearest retail mecca to look for a truck (him) and a smartphone (me).

We're going back today to sign the truck deal, and I'm syncing my contacts to my new Droid right now.

The situation is still, of course, ever present and almost always on our minds, but at least we each have something else to focus on. My husband hasn't driven a stick shift in decades. And the Droid? Well, it's just plain fun.

2 comments:

gingerzingi said...

We're living mirror lives - I haven't driven anything BUT a stick shift for 25 years and I just gave my husband a smart phone for his birthday. I don't want one myself.

Debbi said...

I love driving a stick shift. The new-to-us truck has been on the lot for MONTHS because no one wants a standard transmission! Suh-weet deal for us.

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...