Thursday, April 19, 2012

A hot shower and a couple Aleve

You've probably seen the Aleve commercials, which promise, "Just two Aleve have the strength to relieve pain all day."

Well, I'm here to tell you they're WRONG, dammit, WRONG! I took two Aleve (normal dosage is one every 12 hours) at 5 p.m. and my painful shoulder/hip/ankle/lower back/you-name-it-it-hurts woke me at 3 a.m. Fortunately, I was able to go back to sleep, blessed sleep.

Maybe I need opioids. (KIDDING! And I REALLY shouldn't be joking about that, considering how much damage they've done to people who think popping an Oxy when for a headache is a good idea.)

Yesterday was my long day at work and it was, indeed, a long day. The good thing is it rained, so we didn't have to drag the hoses around watering a couple acres of trees, shrubs and flowers. But it was a cold rain. Not a hard rain. Steady, light, not enough to feel like I needed an umbrella, even. But six hours of it left me chilled to the bone. Every week I think I should be getting used to this, but a winter of sloth punctuated by a few strolls along a country road really doesn't prepare one for physical labor.

BUT ENOUGH BITCHING! I'm fine. Clearly, I must be if you're reading this, right? Heh. And I'm already looking forward to working tomorrow. We're starting to pot up tomato seedlings! Who else do you know who gets excited about moving baby tomatoes into larger quarters. Heh.

I have quite a long to-do list today, and nothing is going to get checked off if I continue to sit on my ass in front of this computer. (That's because the graphic design program I need to use is on the other computer; sitting on my ass in front of it will be much more productive.)

And so I will sign off, grab some breakfast and get on with my day. I hope yours is a good one.

1 comment:

gingerzingi said...

I find that Aleve is great for some things - menstrual cramps, for one - and not so much for others. I actually prefer a painkiller that you take every four hours. Because I've sometimes had the experience of taking two Aleves and having the pain return in five hours - then what do you do? It's seven hours until you can take another dose.

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...