Saturday, April 28, 2012

Not even CLOSE to a flood

Thank goodness.

The Greenbrier River was raging yesterday, but managed to stay within its boundaries and not creep up into the garden center's space. A central pavilion sits amidst the outdoor displays and greenhouses. When the water creeps up to the concrete pad upon which the pavilion is built, then we start to get worried.

This water isn't even close to the pavilion, but it's much higher than normal.

Yesterday was a lovely day to work. It was cool enough to keep a sweatshirt on most of the day, but sunny and pleasant. Working outdoors is lots of fun as long as Mother Nature cooperates. It sucks when it's hot or rainy or too cold. Nice crisp days like we had yesterday are perfect.

I lost count of how many baby tomato plants I moved into peat pots. We're offering several heirloom varieties this year, and I'm sure a couple of each will land in my garden. IF I ever find time to plant it!

I believe I mentioned I'm having trouble managing my time now that I'm working a regular three-day-a-week schedule? Well, I'm getting a little better. The house is clean and I managed to stay awake long enough to enjoy an evening out with my husband last night. Now I need to spend some time outside – today's the day! Mowing, weeding, getting more straw (which works great magic on clay soil, you really can't have enough, especially when the farmer is giving it away) and then collapsing, as usual, at about 8:30 p.m.

I'm such a party animal.

2 comments:

Vickie said...

I noticed that Jonathon has been MIA since January. He has had spells where he was gone for a couple weeks other years, but not a couple of months (to my memory). Do you know what happened?

Kitten With a Whiplash said...

Glad the floods never came. Thanks for the knid compliment on the scarf. Mom says thanks too.

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...