Monday, May 14, 2012

Crash landing

After weeks of nearly nonstop work/activity/busy-ness/chores/STUFF happening all the time, yesterday was just one of those days. I missed my mother, and regret to this day what a crappy daughter I was to her. I was a crappy mother, as well, but the children have forgiven me, even when I sometimes can't let go of it.

It was supposed to rain yesterday, but by mid-morning it hadn't yet and the things I've recently planted – rhubarb and bleeding hearts and stevia, lemon balm – were a little droopy, so I dragged the hose out and watered everything. It started raining a couple hours later. OF COURSE.

The only other "work" I did yesterday was to print the reminder post cards for this week's Democratic women's meeting. That's it! I played a lot of solitaire (on the phone and on the computer) and Scrabble (on the Nook), read a couple magazines, and pretty much did a whole lotta nuthin'.

I work at the garden center this afternoon. It's drizzly and cool and it won't be as fun or pretty as it usually is, but seedlings won't wait for nice weather. They're going to outgrow their space whether the sun is shining or not. My mission is to make sure that doesn't happen.

As you can probably tell, I'm not terribly inspired today to write much of anything. If it weren't for NaBloPoMo, I might not have. Since I don't want this playful exercise to turn into a job, I think I'm done.

No comments:

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...