Monday, June 25, 2012

Well, I gotta spend the next 38 months doing something, right?

I recorded my weight at FatSecret a minute or so ago and got this message:

My Weigh in Report
You lost 1.0 lb (0.5 %) since you last weighed in on Monday 28 May 2012.
At that rate it will take you about 38 months to get to your goal weight.


What's 38 more months, in the whole scheme of things? Heh.

I woke up really early this morning thinking about the coal industry in West Virginia. Wikipedia has been somewhat helpful in answering some questions, but not entirely. And all the answers lead to more questions, the biggest one (so far) being this:
If the healthcare industry employs more workers than the coal mining industry does, and if healthcare workers are treating people who have gotten sick from coal mining (directly or indirectly), then wouldn't we be hurting the healthcare sector by reducing the impact of mining?
I also had a great idea, maybe I should run for statewide office. Before the first fracking incident happens in West Virginia (it's probably too late, I haven't been keeping up with natural gas extraction news from the northern part of the state), everyone should be drinking city water. My biggest fear, as someone who drinks from a well, is that a natural gas well will, someday, contaminate my water supply.

I bet both of you are shaking your heads about now, wondering when I'm going to get a life.

No comments:

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...