Wednesday, August 1, 2012

About that floor

When I said yesterday I had an acre of floor to clean, I hope you know I was kidding. It's really only about two hundredths of an acre. And I let the Roomba do two of the carpeted rooms. That left two hallways, two baths, a bedroom and the main kitchen/living/dining area for me to do.

I'm not done yet.

All of it has been vacuumed, but none of it has been mopped. I also bought a product that brings your laminate floors back to life! and I think that's what's so discouraging. I have to mop, and then I have to move all the furniture and apply this product and I. Don't. Wanna.

So I'm not gonna. Apply the finishing product, that is, I'll definitely mop.

In case you haven't figured it out by now, we're having guests. It's the only time my home is spic-and-span clean, in tip-top shape, everything dusted and polished and decluttered all at the same time. (Please tell me I'm not the only one. Do you sort-of clean regularly, but wait until company comes to really clean?) I'd love to be one of those home keepers whose house is always company-ready, but it hasn't happened yet, so I'm not holding my breath. Also, I don't have a staff. A staff would really help.

On today's agenda is the mopping, the dusting, the sweeping of the porch. First impressions, heh. I have to work at the garden center for a couple hours, too. Oh, and I promised my granddaughter (one of our guests) a tiered, ruffled skirt, which might be an all-day job for tomorrow.

Thanks for your insights about Safari. I'm getting used to it. I think I really, really, really need to cull the photos/music. I'm not sure I need iMovie on the laptop – I probably don't have enough RAM at this point to create anything with it, and I have it on the desktop computer. But I'll keep it just in case. I've already trashed Garageband. A music-maker I'm not.

But a housecleaner and garden waterer and cook I am. Best get to it.

Hershey's job is to scare the deer away. Apparently she needs more training.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I also wait til someone is coming to visit before I do major housecleaning. Fortunately, most of my friends are the same mindset. In fact one of them urged folks to come visit so she could really deep clean her house! I don't think I could stand ahving a staff. Unless it would be to di gmy garden for me!

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...