Thursday, August 23, 2012

Comments on comments

Wow, it's early.

Coupla things and then I have to scoot. 


Jen has been eloquently writing about intuitive eating, a plan I haven't learned enough about, but which intrigues me. Taking the focus off food/dieting sounds soooo desirable. I've been dieting for 50 years and I'm pretty tired of it. <smirk>


She also left a comment here a couple days ago about how her dad felt that food didn't taste as good after he began wearing dentures. To show you how intuitive eating is not part of my psyche, my first thought upon reading that was, "Hmmm. If food doesn't taste as good (it doesn't, by the way), then maybe I won't eat as much and then I'll lose weight!"


Clearly I have a long way to go.


Winnie commented yesterday: "What I love about your blog is that you are a no nonsense kind of person, shoot from the hip and are so very real."


I said a big, "Awww" when I read that, loud enough that my husband heard and asked what I was awwwing about. So I read it to him and he agreed.

Although he knows I have a blog, he's never read it. He's afraid he'll destroy the computer if he touches it (not just my computer, any computer, how's that for a power complex?), so he's never poked around the internets to find it (or anything else – which is job security for me, I suppose. Heh.)


I said, "How do you know? I could be a completely different person on the blog." He gave me a look and said, "No. You couldn't."


And he's right. What you see (read) here is what you get face-to-face.


Finally, I got a lovely compliment in an e-mail yesterday and the warm feeling I got when I read it lingers still. I want to remember how lifted up I felt when I read it (and, honestly, still feel this morning) and I want to find ways to pass it on. The world needs to feel as good as I do.


Dentures and all.

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Making me smile. A good writer knows how to speak in their own voice, and clearly, you do!

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...