Tuesday, August 28, 2012

I can't keep up …

The ticker is whizzing by on Facebook, one outrageous story after another being posted by appalled and astonished friends who are making sure all their friends know about the crazy-scary GOP platform. This article hits the highlights. I'm afraid to dig for more.

It's no secret to my friends and family that I use Facebook almost exclusively for political stuff. I write about it here when it's relevant or when it's what I'm doing (hint: More politics to come between now and Election Day), but Facebook is my main political outlet.

(I'm not sure my older granddaughter realized that when she messaged me, saying, "All right, Grandma. We get it. You're a Democrat.")

Some of the best snippets that have scrolled by today are quotes from the finale of HBO's The Newsroom. Including this comment from the Coffee Party:

"It's a sad commentary on the state of the media when some of the best journalism of 2012 consistently comes from works of fiction."

This is the clip to which they refer.

Okay, I'm done. Hoping to regain some kinda normal tomorrow.

No comments:

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...