Thursday, August 2, 2012

Loving the feeling ...

A couple of semi-related things have occurred to me lately, and I'd love it if I could remember them a little more often.

I love it when my house is clean and tidy and neat and every thing that has a place is in it. I've had a box of old books sitting in a corner of my bedroom for, literally, months. It's gone now, and it makes me happy to look at that empty corner every time I go in that room.

On a similar note, because I'm not able to eat as well as I did before my summer trauma, I love it when, at the end of the day, I've eaten lightly and only at mealtimes.

It's still a major hassle to eat just about anything, although I'm getting better. (I've had a donut, something I rarely eat, ever, but it was a personal challenge. Heh.) But I've managed to continue the pattern from the first week, when I was still in major pain, of eating at mealtimes only and then eating only a little bit. It doesn't take as long as it first did to finish a meal, but I certainly learned from that initial week that I'm not going to DIE if I don't eat like a lumberjack.

Not that I ever did, but you know what I mean. I'm satisfied with much less food than I was before.

Two other things not at all related:
  1. I'll definitely find something for next week's giveaway that's a little more appealing. From the number of comments for this one, I'd say I didn't choose very well. But thanks to those of you who have said something. We bloggers love our commenters (and readers, whether you say anything or not).

  2. Olympic track and field events begin tomorrow! I love track and field, and can't wait to watch. My husband is less enthusiastic, but when I suggested to him that watching would inspire me to move my ass, he thought maybe that would be a good idea. Not that he's judging me or anything. (It does tend to drive him crazy when I stop working out for any length of time. The constant headache I've had since I broke my glasses and had my dental surgery have kept me from doing anything I don't absolutely have to do.) 
Okay. Gotta go to work, then to Tiny Kroger for some last-minute things (I hope they have cilantro, mine is in the reseeding stage and there's very little in the herb garden that's ready to use), then back home to wait for our guests.

(I rarely talk about my family here on the blog, but I will give you a hint about who's coming. One of them is quite young, has red hair, just lost a tooth and is related to me through one of my children. =) I've put in a supply of sidewalk chalk and bubbles, and there are peach-yogurt popsicles in the freezer.)

4 comments:

Mindy said...

Talk to me about cilantro please. Every year I purchase and plant a wonderful plant and use it until it goes to seed. Then what? Does it reseed itself? Mosty I just buy it at the grocery store after that. I know Mr. Google could help me but since you mentioned it....

gingerzingi said...

I don't know how I missed that post about your summer trauma! You poor thing, it is very upsetting to lose teeth. I've had a couple pulled myself.

You know there's no good to come from blaming yourself for stuff in the past. If guilt and remorse could change a single damned thing in the past, holy cow I'd be the queen of it. Unfortunately it never works. Look ahead... also send me some of those popsicles.

denise said...

I actually thought you chose very well for your giveaway. If I had taken to knitting at all, then dishcloths are what I would want to make - relatively quick projects and are useful and appreciated - very practical in every sense.

Unfortunately, I didn't take to knitting at all, so ... As a matter of fact, I have some cotton yarn and a pattern sitting in my needlework basket already should I decide to give it another go, but that's fairly unlikely at this point.

Diandra said...

Yeah, the guys love the positive effects working out has on us. Not talking weight loss here... if I don't move, I tend to be irritable, short-tempered and unbalanced. that's why the BF got me the compression sleeve for my knee, he couldn't stand my not-running self. ^^

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...