Saturday, August 4, 2012

Yesterday's news

(When I started typing a title for today's post, I was reminded of a song I included on a mix CD for my journalist son. There wasn't really any "news" yesterday.)

But I guess I should explain yesterday's title, eh? The weird combination of letters and symbols apparently represents a question mark when I blog from my phone. I had very little time to myself yesterday, but wanted to keep the NaBloPoMo streak for August going.

I'm very proud of myself for not quitting NaBloPoMo after I broke the starting-in-November streak in July during the electrical outage, by the way. I think picking it up again in August proves I don't have an OCD bone in my body.

Have been thoroughly enjoying hanging out with family. Everyone's sleeping except me and the dog.

Our littlest guest has been enjoying as much outdoor time as she can get, and especially enjoys using the garden clippers to harvest basil and flowers. I had her cut a bloom for last night's dinner centerpiece, but didn't tell her what I was going to do with it.

When she sat down for dinner and saw it on the table, she squealed, "Oooooooohhhhh, Grandma, that's gorgeous!"

Unforgettable memories.

No comments:

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...