Monday, September 3, 2012

Happy Labor Day!

And thank a union sometime during your celebration today.

I'll be laboring … plants still need watering, national (U.S.) holiday or not. It looks like rain, but not until much later and even then a predicted rain can skirt around the mountain and miss us entirely. So I'll be watering at the garden center, and maybe mowing here at home. I did a little weeding yesterday, but it was VERY hot and VERY humid and I quit when I'd done only about a third of the area I started on.

This is warm-up week for Up&Running. I thought we would actually be running this week, but it's more about defining motivation, which is very helpful when it comes to sticking with a program.

Yesterday's photo brought up all kinds of emotional stuff for me. The lovely Chantelle's photo prompts reflect that she lives in Australia, where Father's Day happened yesterday. I didn't know that until I Googled. The best thing that came from yesterday is the enduring gratitude I have for being able to spend the last week of my Dad's life with him.

We would have so much to talk about this week, were he still alive. I'm excited about the Democratic National Convention. I know a lot of people who are there and will be glued to both the television, the phone and the laptop for the next few days. I expect my blogging will be limited (I could be wrong), but I'll at least get the picture posts up to keep the daily-post streak going.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so sorry for your loss. HUGS! I commend you for writing at all.

Kathy
http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...