Well, that might just be me. Heh.
I had every intention of doing some light weight training yesterday but the dumbbells never made it to the house from the garage. Fortunately, body work counts, but I'm not sure 10 lunges and 10 squats equals a workout. However, as we like to say here at Chez Middle of Nowhere, something is better than nothing. Today will be the second run/walk session from the Up and Running program, and I'm looking forward to getting out there and getting it done. It's a beautiful morning! (You're welcome for that earworm.)
I've been nominated for a blog award, which I get to turn around and give it away. Here are the rules:
RULES FOR THIS AWARD
- Accept the award.
- Post the award on your blog together with the name/link to the blog of the person who gave it to you.
- Offer information about yourself.
- Pass the award to 7 other blogs and provide links to their blogs.
- Contact those 7 bloggers to let them know they've been chosen.
What in the HELL could I possibly add about myself that you guys don't already know? After more than six years of blogging, I'm not sure any secrets remain. The darkest one is here (although that darkness has truly turned into a light and life I never would have imagined), and I link to it just in case the revelations there might help someone else.
My winners are in that sidebar over there on the left, the one I call "Not to be Missed." ALL OF THEM ARE WINNERS. In keeping with the spirit of the award, I would especially like to give a shout-out to these seven:
- Gingerzingi, who has been reading my drivel almost since the beginning of the Shrinking Knitter.
- Big Ass Belle, who doesn't update much any more, but when she does it's SOOOO worth the read.
- Crazy Aunt Purl, who I actually met in person when she was on a book tour. I couldn't have been more excited if I'd been meeting Bob Dylan in person. She's that cool.
- The Amazing Adventures of Dietgirl, who has been part of a mutual admiration society for-freakin'-evah! Shauna also is one of the partners in Up and Running, and I wouldn't be heading out for that second workout of the U&R plan if it weren't for her.
- Jennette, who has provided countless hours of entertainment and inspiration since long before I started blogging.
- Mir at Woulda Coulda Shoulda handles tough times with humor and grace and some damned funny words. I wish her and her family more than well.
- Jonathan, who struggles right along with the rest of us but has a great way of ending each of his posts on a high note.
I'm supposed to contact them, but Vickie didn't tell me about it, so I'm going to follow her lead and let each of these bloggers find out serendipitously. I love surprises, and I hope they do, as well! And thanks to all of you who read and comment and have become a part of my life. I really mean that.