Monday, September 24, 2012

Thus begins …

possibly the most overscheduled week of the year here at Chez Debbi Does Too Much.

Monday
8:00 a.m. - Take some of my Amish neighbors shopping in a nearby town
Sometime this afternoon - Week Three, Day One of Up and Running
6:30 p.m. - Democratic Executive Committee meeting

Tuesday
Laundry, cleaning
7:00 p.m. - Volunteer gig at prison

Wednesday
Morning: Week Three, Day Two of Up and Running
2:30 p.m. - Serve refreshments at a ribbon-cutting for a new nursing home

Thursday
Spend the day being nervous about …
7 p.m. - Free public screening of Iron Jawed Angels

Friday
Morning: Week Three, Day Three of Up and Running
Laundry

Saturday
5 a.m. - Pick up my Amish neighbor and head for Pennsylvania

Thank goodness Sunday is a day of rest. Although if I don't get to run today – definitely a possibility –  I'll be making up for it then.

I finished Week Two of U&R Saturday, and feel very good about my progress so far. This week's plan is slightly more challenging, but I think I'm up to it.

I saved half a dozen cookies for my
husband's evening snack. He saved
one of them for my breakfast! We
take good care of each other …
The Wednesday and Thursday events on my schedule require cookies, so I baked yesterday and stuck everything in the freezer. Because, clearly, I'm not going to have time to bake this week. (The curse of a somewhat clean house: I spent as much time sweeping up stray flour and powdered sugar specks from my shiny floors as I did sliding cookie sheets into the oven yesterday.)

Life will slow down after this week.

OH, YES, IT WILL.

2 comments:

Winnie said...

Sounds like a full and productive week as well as time in there helping others. That is truly amazing. I know sometimes when busy it is hard to find the time to commit to things. (That cookie looks yummy...is it a chocolate crackle? The ones you roll in confection sugar before baking?

Vickie said...

in some ways I really like weeks where I am very, very busy. But not two weeks back to back at a very full pace.

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...