Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Workin' for a President

Today is a work-in-Democratic-headquarters day for me. I'll be making campaign buttons, a project our women's group has taken on again, since the Obama campaign hasn't spent any money in West Virginia.

(Not blaming him at all … we're famous for voting against our own interests, and West Virginia's five Electoral College votes will most certainly go for Romney. Maybe.)

The second weekend of Railroad Days is this Saturday and Sunday, and a couple people are brave enough to walk through the crowds wearing button-covered aprons, selling our creations.

There are some rude Republicans out there.

One offered to pee on the apron. Another told the apron-wearer to get back in the kitchen where she belonged. (She told him she'd go cook up an Obama victory.)

If I get all the buttons assembled, there are plenty of phone calls to make, a job I truly don't like doing but I will. Especially after reading this open letter from John Franklin Stephens. I saw the tweet in question and all I did was shake my head and call her disgusting. I'm ashamed that this woman represents my gender.

Aren't we better than this? I know some of you don't share my enthusiasm for President Obama, and I'm grateful you're still here. We can't always agree, but we can agree to disagree.

But who can agree with the likes of her? She gives both women and Republicans a bad name.

3 comments:

snodialove said...

obama Y doing this work ?

Waffle-Wednesday said...

I just want to reach through the screen and Hug You! Thank you for sharing that letter. Thank you for what you are doing! Beautiful, amazing, lovely, life-affirming people, doing great work! I am blathering I am so delighted right now.

Debbi said...

Thanks, Waffle-Wednesday, what a great comment. I only wish I were half as good as the young man who wrote the letter. What a good heart he has.

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...