Friday, November 16, 2012

My new best friend

"They" say a cold last either seven days or a week, whichever comes first.

Today is Day One. Grrr.

And here is my new BFF. So glad I bought the 12-pack at Sam's a couple months ago.


In an effort to find a smidgen of gratitude in the hell of having a cold, I'll just say this:
I'd rather have a cold when it's cold outside and I don't feel like doing anything outdoors anyway, than have one in the summer, when I not only want to be outdoors, but frequently need to mow or weed or reap or whatever.
You can quote me if you like. Heh.

Today would be an excellent day to knit and watch movies. I've been working on the Cabled Beret from Vogue Knitting's Caps & Hats. (The book is one of their On the Go volumes. You might have to be a Ravelry member to view the link.). The cabled strip is done. I want to block it before I pick up the stitches for the ribbed band, because I think it's a little narrow. So glad I decided to use wool, which should stretch nicely.

While the cabled strip is drying, I can start on an earflap cap for my granddaughter. She picked out the yarn and the pattern, and I really can't think of a better project to work on right now. I need a pair of slippers – I tossed my felted clogs when the holes got too big and too numerous for comfort – but my Crocs are a pretty good substitute.

So. If you need me, I'll be on the couch in the den, knitting needles in hand, working on a pink-and-purple hat. It will be a nice change from all the true-blue Democrat blue I've been using lately!

1 comment:

denise said...

So sorry you're not feeling well. I have thought a couple of times recently that I might be getting a cold, but then I realize I just AM cold...which seems to give me the sniffles.

I usually keep the temperature in my house at 64 during the winter, but was experimenting with 62. Turns out 62 is just TOO cold for me. 64 is even a challenge when you're not moving around and doing something.

Anyway, hope your cold is just a cold. There seems to be something going around here where you start with what seems like a cold but it turns out to be a multi-week flu type thing as it morphs through different symptoms. I've had two friends laid low with it - both for 2-3 weeks. I"m hoping my flu show from 6 weeks or so ago will stand me in a good stead and stave off whatever bug is in the air.

Meanwhile, enjoy the opportunity to knit and catch up on some TV. Fingers crossed you beat the 7-day/one week time line by several days!

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...