Friday, November 30, 2012

November 30 - On the wall

I not only flew airplanes, I also drew them. Detail of a pen-and-ink
illustration I did more than 30 years ago, using a technique called pointillism.
This radial engine and chrome propeller caught my eye at the annual EAA
Fly-In and Convention in Oshkosh, WI. I snapped a photo and then spent the
 next couple of years completing the drawing. Most of the aircraft illustrations
I did back then were commissions. This and one other were for me, and are
hanging on the wall in my TV room. (India ink on illustration board.)


Sharon Huffman said...

Very nice!

Liesl Garner said...

I am so impressed. Not only with the finished project, but the stick-to-it-ive-ness required to work on it for several years. Bravo YOU!

Debbi said...

Thanks ... I just wish I could still do it. It hurts my hands to to pointillism now. That's why I stick to my knitting! =)

Debbi said...

Thanks, Sharon!