Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Busy day today

I conserved a lot of personal energy yesterday by doing next to nothing. I haven't been sleeping well the past few days, and so when I wasn't doing what was absolutely necessary – making coffee, fixing dinner, opening the mail – I was, um, napping.

Sometimes you need a Nothing Day.

I'm paying for it today, though. I could have made the grandkids' Christmas cards yesterday. I could have finished knitting a little last-minute gift. Instead I played endless games of smartphone solitaire and I slept.

Today I need to pick up an Amish neighbor at 10:30 to take her to a doctor's appointment. I'm then going to have new tires put on my car. (Merry Christmas!) And I have a walking date at 2 p.m.

I tried to walk late yesterday afternoon, figuring I'd have enough time for two miles before starting the spaghetti sauce. Here's my Skimble report:


It was SO cold and SO windy that we (my husband was with me) gave up before we got to the end of the driveway!

Today should be nice, and then we're in for some kind of winter weather event, according to the multiple alerts I've gotten on my phone. I hope to be well south of it before it hits, as I'm headed out tomorrow to visit family a couple states south. Not sure if I'll be able to keep up with the daily posts or not, but I'll sure try.

'Cause I know both of you are on the edges of your chairs waiting for my updates every morning. Heh.

Thanks for your comments the past few days. I appreciate it more than you know. I hope our collective outrage and our calls to our Congressmen and Senators will bring about effective change in America's gun laws. The problem is huge and will never fully prevent future tragedies. But if we don't try, we will always have blood on our hands.

1 comment:

Winnie said...

Since I took off this week, I actually was able to get to a local arboretum and walk! I haven't down anything exercise in a long while. It was lovely to be out and about and have QUIET. I need this week off to try and relax after all the work and craziness around here after Sandy. A bowl of chicken soup and a pot of tea and all feels much better. I am looking forward to hearing about your cards you made!

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...