Thursday, March 28, 2013

Today's the day

I'll be back on track this afternoon, with a date for an outdoor walk. It should be somewhat warmish (low 40s) by 2 p.m., so we're outta here!

I walked around Tiny Kroger yesterday (alas, no other intentional activity), and was kind of astonished at how busy it was. Also? I was kind of glad to be out of the house. That short trip did as much good for my mind as it did for my pantry.

And the vegetable drawer, which now overfloweth! I still have some eating issues with firm foods, but woman cannot live on soup alone. I bought cauliflower to roast and broccoli to steam and a bright red pepper to add to something. I should have bought sweet potatoes; I didn't know the ones I had on hand were well past their prime. I also bought fresh organic spinach for my smoothies and a bunch of fresh cilantro just because. I can afford to throw away 65¢ worth of cilantro if I don't use it, as long as buying it means Tiny Kroger will keep stocking it.

In fact, if they keep stocking it, I might begin referring to them as Medium Kroger.

Somewhere in the meat department I realized Easter is this Sunday. (All the treats I made have been received, so in my mind Easter is done and dusted.) All those people in the grocery were stocking up for Easter. I added a pork tenderloin to my cart in case we decide to have a nicer-than-normal Sunday dinner.

I'm hopeful that today's walk will get me out of my doldrums and over this slump. I'm not doing myself any favors by being so sluggish after that good weigh-in Monday. I'm doing fine with the calories, not so fine with the macronutrient percentages. Carbs are still my major food group, but at least they are mostly vegetable and fruit carbs and not the starchy, sugary kind.

I'm also hopeful that yesterday marked the end of really cold temperatures. Forty is not really cold, just kind of cold. I'm ready for kind of cold. DID YOU HEAR THAT, MOTHER NATURE?

No comments:

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...