Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Today's message from the Universe


Do you know what it sometimes means, Debbi, when you feel a bit bummed out and aren't sure why? When you catch yourself looking back over your shoulder and wondering? When you feel doubt, sense uncertainty, and experience fear? When you sometimes wonder what's taking so long? 

It means you're normal. 

How does it KNOW?

I do feel a bit bummed out. I am feeling doubt, uncertainty and fear. And I sure as hell wonder what's taking so long.

My lofty beginning-of-the-year desire to be fit and healthy despite the scale result isn't really panning out as I'd hoped it would. I do, indeed, think I'm on my way to fit and healthy. But the number on the scale continues to increase – another 1.5 pounds for today's spot-check, bringing my total loss this year to five pounds. It's almost like the harder I try, the higher the number goes.

And as that number increases, so does my anxiety and fear and doubt and disappointment and sadness and frustration and TOTAL BUMMED-OUTNESS.

So here's my message to the Universe: If this is normal, I'll pass. I'd rather be abnormal, paranormal, subnormal, SUPERnormal. Anything but normal. 'Kay?

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Message to Debbi from the Universe:
Patience Grasshopper

At least that's what my friend Jani always tells me and she knows everything!

Let's walk a good bit tomorrow and Saturday take a shorter walk and got to the movies at 4:00 to see OZ...what do you say to rewarding all your great work, it will pay off, I promise.

Debbi said...

Sounds like a plan, my dear! And, yes, I know all about that "patience, Grasshopper" you-know-what. BUT I WANT IT NOW! Heh.

Diandra said...

Repeat after me: The scale sucks. I will not use it.

*waits and listens*

Do you have a picture of yourself from the beginning of the year? Then go hide the scale (really, do it, please) and take a picture in summer for comparison. If you are really doing your best, eating right and exercising, you will see a difference. Even if you do not lose a single clothing size, you will look better. And since no one knows the number on the scale, they will only care about your appearance.

Debbi said...

Well, I can't hide the scale ... my husband, who is normal in weight, is addicted to it. I know I'm making progress, and your suggestion to compare a January photo with a July one is excellent. I'm pretty sure I have one from earlier this year that will work. I just need to concentrate less on the number, which was my original intent. Back to mental basics. I'm doing quite well with the food and activity.

Anonymous said...

Sweet Debbi, Bless your heart. You're doing all the right things. Please ignore the infernal scale, please. It's not your friend at the moment. Walk, go to the movies, enjoy right now. Be good to yourself. You're too special to fret over this. (((hugs)))

denise said...

I'd rather have your looser pants than my supposed big loss on the scales! But I know it's still frustrating either way. Hang in there and keep on keepin' on (is that enough 70's for you - can you almost picture the cat poster that goes with the first saying?) :-)

Debbi said...

I can TOTALLY see that cat poster! Thanks for your continued encouragement, Denise!

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...