Monday, July 15, 2013

By the numbers

It's official. As of this morning's weigh-in, I'm down 35 pounds since Christmas, thanks to a 1.5-pound loss this week. I've only lost two pounds in the past four weeks, but I'm still a loser! Yay, me!

My BMI has dropped a little more than six points. I'm still   j u s t   b a r e l y   in the obese category. Maybe next week I can celebrate BEING OVERWEIGHT! Heh.

I have 15 pounds to go to reach my stated goal of losing 50 pounds. You heard it here first: My stated goal may change when I hit that number.

When I began the calories in/calories out plan six months ago, I was full of motivation. When I began the GLDS-free plan three months ago, I was full of despair and frustration.

I am now, officially, full of hope. And I haven't had a lot of hope as far as weight loss goes in a long, long time.

My other first-of-the-year stated goal was to log 1000 walking miles. Two weeks past the halfway point of the year finds me well over the halfway point in miles, at 612. I'd wanted to log 30 miles this past week, but came up two miles shy. I could have done six yesterday, to hit that weekly goal, but four was plenty.

I didn't make the 30-mile mark because I went to a yoga class Saturday. I was concerned that if I walked or ran before the 9:30 a.m. session, I'd be too wiped out to give it the effort it deserved. Turned out I was too wiped out after the class to walk. Oh, and I also helped my husband with a project for an hour or so afterward, and I mowed the field (I hesitate to call it a lawn, or even a yard) we live in for three hours in the afternoon.

On some days, the number of hours one has to walk are dramatically cut short by circumstances.

So here we are, a Monday morning, the beginning of a new week and a whole new set of numbers recorded. The pounds lost and miles walked keep adding up.

Who could ask for anything more? Not me, certainly.

Signing off, and keeping it simple …

No comments:

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...