Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Following up

My intentions for yesterday were to put in six miles:
I do NOT believe a 90-minute workout burned 808 calories. LoseIt! says 463.
Clean the refrigerator, go grocery shopping and make deviled eggs:
The center of the egg plate will be filled with black, green and kalamata olives.
And bake a batch of zucchini muffins:
Yum. Really good recipe. Might add some chopped nuts next time.
Check, check and check! And I made it to the prison last night, as well, but we're not permitted to take photos there, so you'll just have to take my word for it.

Today's weather looks better for a later run rather than the early-morning one I'd intended to do. I've already passed the window of opportunity, time-wise, but I'll have time this afternoon. And I might not have to water plants at work this morning with the overnight rain, so I won't wear myself out at work.

Speaking of wearing myself out … I don't do that as much as I did 30 pounds ago. Yesterday was a very busy day. The grocery run also included a little clothes-browsing (didn't buy anything – but Gingerzingi did, you should go check out her new wardrobe!) and a stop at the drugstore. I'd have to say a day like yesterday wouldn't – couldn't – have happened four months ago.

It's taken both a physical and mental shift to convince myself that I don't need a lie down after a six-mile walk/run. I actually like resting a bit following a workout, but it's become less of a necessity and more of a preference. And if it's a preference … well, it doesn't have to happen. It would just be nice if it did.

Other thoughts:
  • I'm so happy the royal baby has been born and appears to be healthy. I just wish the breathless commentary would STOP already.
  • Anthony Weiner doesn't deserve to even HAVE a penis.
The computer issues have cleared up. (Jen, the laptop is rarely on my lap, almost always on my desk, but I've thought I might need to elevate it. Thanks for the reminder.) I reset both the SRC and PRAM, something I hadn't done in a while. For some reason, I think the laptop doesn't need regular maintenance, although I was very careful about performing certain clean-up tasks on the G5.

That is all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot! I was drinking a glass of seltzer water when I came across "Anthony Weiner doesn't deserve to even HAVE a penis" and now I sprayed water all over my monitor!

Debbi said...

You're welcome. I live to serve.

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...