Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Here's the thing about time

It marches forward. It doesn't go backward. Each minute that passes is a minute we've used up. It's gone, we can't go back and use it again.

As I sit on my ass in front of this monitor this morning, I'm having trouble waking up enough to want to hit the road. I usually wake up at 5:30. It was nearly 7 a.m. when I opened my eyes today. I've had coffee and breakfast, but I just want to keep sitting on my ass in front of this monitor.

Maybe today should be a rest day?

Nahhhhh. I'd like to do six miles again today. Not sure if that'll happen, but I'll be out there soon.

In the meantime, here's the latest Everlasting Bagstopper, finally finished:
I used it to haul groceries home yesterday. It's astonishing how much these bags hold. They really stretch to fit a ton o'stuff.

The pattern as written suggests sewing a handle onto the upper edge. I like to make a casing with two openings (large buttonholes, actually) and thread a canvas belt through it. Like this:
I continued my crafty ways with a glue gun and sea shells later yesterday afternoon:
The cake plate

The centerpiece – jars are filled with turbinado sugar and topped with votive candles.
I'm having a beach-themed party Saturday for my soon-to-be six-year-old granddaughter. She loves the beach, however she probably is a little young to appreciate party décor. I don't care, though, I had fun and I think it's beautiful.

She requested chocolate cake. I'm going to make peanut butter frosting and sprinkle it with brown sugar to look like sand. I'm using Life Saver candies for candle holders and there will be a school of Swedish fish swimming around the sides of the cake.

I was planning to make flip-flops out of Nutter Butter cookies but, sadly, Tiny Kroger didn't have Nutter Butters.

Yet another reason why I call it Tiny Kroger.

Anyway, that was my yesterday and today needs to get started. Time's a wasting!

No comments:

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...