Thursday, July 25, 2013

I made it!

No, I'm not talking about food.

Or a knitting project.

Or jewelry or a card or anything else crafty.

I didn't die and "they" (which in this case means Republicans in Congress) didn't take it away.
MY FIRST SOCIAL SECURITY DEPOSIT HAS BEEN DELIVERED!

I thought it would come in after midnight, but it actually showed up sometime yesterday.

I've been threatening to blow the first month's benefit – it's NOT an entitlement! – on something fun, but I'm basically a pretty practical kinda gal. I sort of want these, but I want to try them on before I buy them (the reviews say they run small), and the local running discount store doesn't carry that brand.

And if I only sort of want them, I probably shouldn't be buying them.

It might go toward a trip. I might find some new electronic gadget I can't live without. I'm seriously considering buying the materials for one of these.

One thing is for sure: I WILL do something fun with at least part of it.

Film at eleven!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Try Zappos for running shoes -- they have free shipping and free return shipping.

Debbi said...

Amazon's price was WAY better than Zappo's, and that shoe qualified for free shipping and free returns. They're on the way! Nice new profile picture, by the way!

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!! It's a happy day when you finally get paid back what you've been paying into since you toiled your first day of a real paying job!

Debbi said...

Amen, sistah!

Unknown said...

Greenhouse over shoes, any day!

Anonymous said...

I hope you're also planning to spend a large portion on me.

Debbi said...

But of course!

Jennette Fulda said...

Congrats! SS will probably be bankrupt by the time I'd get to use it, so spend it well for the both of us :)

Debbi said...

SS won't be bankrupt if I have anything to do with it. That's why I'm a Democrat!

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...