Friday, August 9, 2013

If you keep on doing what you've always done ...

you'll keep on getting what you've always got.

That's something I learned in AA, years ago, and it's worked very well for me when I remember it.

I'm thinking about it this morning because today's weather will be a repeat of yesterday's, and yesterday's SUCKED. The temperature wasn't so very awful – high 70s/low 80s – but the humidity was quite high and it rained most of the day.

My husband and I drove to the flat-road route so we could walk together and it was most unpleasant. Little gnats buzzing around, much sweating, very sluggish. We turned around before we even got to two miles. And before we got back home again it was pouring down rain.

If I don't want yesterday to repeat itself, I need to get out NOW, while it's still coolish. The humidity is an ungodly 100 percent, but I can handle that if it's only 70 degrees. More rain is headed this way, probably in less than two hours.

Therefore … see ya!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Some days the universe is telling you to go home and watch some Netflix :-) There are good days and bad days...

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...