Saturday, August 10, 2013

Yesterday turned out to be GREAT

At least the fitness portion of it. The rest of the day was fine, but I really felt super-energized for the morning workout session.

Yesterday was Week 5, Day 3 of Cto5K. My husband and I again started out together on Indian Creek Road (hereafter known as the flat road). I always record the total distance/pace using the Map My Run app on my phone. After a mile, I started the RunDouble training app and was a little surprised to find I was supposed to run 20 minutes straight, preceded and followed by five-minute warm-up and cool-down walking periods.

That means this week's training sessions were all different. I'd gotten pretty used to doing the same thing each day. Wonder what next week will bring? (I don't plan ahead. I'm more of a fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants kinda gal.)

At any rate, I'm glad we were on the flat road, because I still can't run up all the hills on the road I live on. (Making me think I should probably have a look at the upcoming workouts, to make sure I'm on an accommodating route.)

I read a little bit of the September issue of Runner's World last night, in which the editor listed a few of his own personal tips. Number one on his list was to run where it's beautiful, even if you have to drive to get there.

That's what Indian Creek Road is for me. Oh, and it's also FLAT! Heh.

Anyway. Here is last week's progress:
I'm pretty pleased. Although, I have to say, I like alternating three or four running minutes with one walking recovery minute, as I did in the 5K a couple weeks ago. But I did fine running 20 minutes straight and ended up running a LOT more during the total time we were out. See?
14:16 pace. Oh, and I don't for a minute believe I burned 950 calories. Just sayin'.
Today will be a short walk, sometime this afternoon, long enough to keep the streak going (currently at 30 days) – so at least a mile and probably two. Yoga this morning. And I'm definitely on the hunt for the 8-pound dumbbells. I found the 4-pounders, so that's a little progress.

I guess it would be even more progress if I actually PICKED THEM UP.

No comments:

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...