Monday, October 7, 2013

Hello, Karen

It is raining like a MOTHER out there this morning!
Skies are supposed to clear by noon, though; the morning walk will most definitely be postponed until these showers – the tail end of Tropical Storm Karen – move on.

Since it's Monday, it must be official weigh-in day. I stayed the same this week. My daily check-ins have been consistent, so this was no big surprise. I've had only a handful of stay-the-sames this year, but as I inch down toward my ultimate goal, this isn't – and shouldn't be – unexpected.

It's more than likely a good thing, a way to reinforce for me that what I'm doing has, is and will work. I can't emphasize enough how satisfying it is to eat this way. I'm especially astonished at how little I miss eating bread.

If each of my days was spent longing to chew something I'm choosing to eschew, I guarantee you I wouldn't still be paleo-ing my way down the scale.

As for the bread, these Pumpkin Mug Muffins fill that gap nicely.

Okay, we've talked about the weather and my weigh-in and I've linked to a recipe. I swear if I had a cat I'd post a picture, just to cover all the blogging bases. You got to read a rant yesterday, and I'm ranted out. Just as I'm powerless over alcohol, I'm powerless over Congress.

Until November 4, 2014, when you can bet your ass I'll be voting Democrat blue.

No comments:

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...