Friday, October 11, 2013

Holding steady

This week's daily weigh-ins have me the same, the same, the same. Just like last week.

I told my husband the other day that if I hadn't adjusted my eventual goal, I'd be done. (If you're new here, my original plan was to lose 50 pounds, beginning last Christmas, and I gave myself a year to do it.) I still think attaining a normal BMI (I'm still 2.16 points above the upper limit of normal) is achievable, but it's certainly taking longer than I thought it would. In fact, as he said to me, the next 15 pounds might take as long to lose as the first 50 did.

Which might be discouraging, if I think about it too much. I think, though, I'll just keep doing what I've been doing.

The one thing I haven't been doing lately is running. I gotta say using the Cto5K program was pretty motivating. I downloaded the app to the new phone yesterday and discovered lots of new training modules, including fun runs and improver plans. Monday sounds like a good day to start something new, don't you think?

I'm not saying running makes a difference regarding weight loss. Moving your body makes a difference, and I've been consistent with the daily walks. But the current slowdown coincides with my switching back to walking.

I'm still logging my food, still doing bodyweight training twice a week, still doing occasional yoga classes (the yogi's schedule has been erratic lately, she's a busy gal!). I just have to remain consistent, keep doing the things that worked and trust the process.

We're going chair-shopping today. Probably not chair-buying at this point, but we need to put something more comfortable than the current ancient loveseat in our tiny TV room. We think a pair of chairs might be a good solution. Will walk before we head out.

'Cause first-things-first is how we roll.

No comments:

Day Last

 Mike finished his chemo yesterday. The cumulative effects of four rounds beginning in early July are making him pretty uncomfortable, and t...